Building Code Training
Registrations are now being accepted for new online course!
Sections 1, 2 and 3 of the BCTC curriculum has now been updated to the 2010 code, and is now available online. All of your learning will now take place in an online environment with the new and updated curriculum.
Students will still be required to request exam sittings as in the past, however they will now take their exams electronically at a designated testing site. As a result, students will have exam results immediately which we see as a great improvement in the process.
We look forward to serving your needs with this long awaited updated curriculum.
Click here for the newly updated BCTC brochure.
Local authorities in Saskatchewan entrust enforcement of the province’s building and accessibility standards to building officials. They are a vital connection between the standards and their application. Aside from any other training or experience that they may have, these people must know how to read, understand and apply the National Building Code of Canada to the variety of materials and methods of construction used today. A person’s successful completion of Building Code Training for Canadians - Series I provides one of the eligibility requirements for a Building Official Licence that applies to one and two unit dwellings.
Who will benefit from this training?
- Code users and enforcers outside the Province of Saskatchewan
- Employees of local governments of all sizes who are involved in inspection and/or plan reading
- Individuals who supervise those involved in inspection, plan review and/or construction of buildings
- Individuals who deal with issues and/or make decisions about building standards
- Individuals in related areas of interest, such as private inspection, pre-mortgage private home inspectors, drafters and renovators
- Individuals who are interested in entering the field of building inspection, design, drafting and renovations
Download the Application
For additional information, please contact Jacki Pridgeon, BCTC Administrator at (306) 848-2515.
Or visit the Saskatchewan Building Officials Association website at http://www.sboa.sk.ca/