10-Day Truck Driver Training Program
This program is designed for individuals who have little or no semi-tractor/trailer driving skills and abilities. Depending on the individual and their commitment, the individual should be able to obtain a Class 1A License within the 10-day period. Includes 2 days in classroom and 8 days in-truck training.
Instructors are qualified and approved by SGI. The courses are unique to the field of truck driver training in their ability to be moved to various locations in southeast Saskatchewan. For the driving portion, students will be instructed in pre/post trip inspections, brake adjustments, hook/unhook procedures, double clutching, backing, shifting, turns, city/highway driving, yard maneuvers, safety procedures and traffic awareness. Two participants are required for the training to start, so be sure to express your interest early.
Testing is conducted after the truck training is completed. Each student is tested individually according to standards, regulations and procedures implemented by SGI with no deviation. Road tests will only be conducted in locations that are recognized by SGI as testing centres. The College supplies the tractor-trailer unit and fuel in order for the student to complete the road test.
- 18 years of age or older (legal commercial driving age in the U.S.A. is 21 years old; all operators must comply)
- Valid driver’s license
- Class 1 learners with written air brakes
- A complete medical on an SGI medical form
- Driver’s abstract
What benefits are there in taking a Truck Driving Training program through Southeast College?
- 2 students to 1 instructor
- Fuel is provided
- All trucks and trailers supplied, properly licensed, certified and insured
- Train close to home – cut down on expenses (meals, motel, travel)
- Entire tuition is tax deductible
- Quality training – we care about our students and we want you to succeed
For more information or to register for a 1A Truck Driver Training program, please contact the campus nearest you: