ECE 104 Programming for Cognitive Development
You will study the cognitive development of children and acquire skills in planning curriculum to meet the cognitive needs of children.
Utilizing a holistic approach, you will:
- be introduced to the cognitive processes of young children
- plan curriculum that is developmentally appropriate
- design effective learning environments
The curriculum strategies include:
- creating invitations to learning
- experiences with sensory materials such as sand, water and blocks
- the incorporation of mathematical and scientific concepts into daily activities
Your studies will examine how programming for cognitive development is accommodated through the Project Approach.