High School Accelerated University
Get a head start on university in 2nd semester of Grade 12!
Southeast College will be offering Grade 12 students the opportunity to take Psychology 101 through the University of Regina. PSYC 101 is a required course within some degrees. It counts as a Social Science credit towards most other degrees and transfers to most Canadian Universities (ex. Transfers to U of S as PSYC 121). A Southeast College Student Services Advisor can assist you with determining if the course will transfer to your program in an out of province institution.
The U of R High School Accelerated program is a great way to kick-start university life.
- Free up your schedule so you are able to have a spare
- Challenge yourself with course material not offered at your high school
- Earn university credit (3)
- Experience university style learning prior to your first year
PSYC 101 – Introductory Psychology A (3 credits)
An introduction to the study of adjustment, disorders, development, personality, and the social environment of the person. No prerequisite required (including Psychology 30)
Location: Remote Learning via Zoom
Dates: Mondays, February 1 – May 17 (no classes during February or Easter breaks)
Time: 4:00 – 6:45 pm
U of R Application fee: $70.00 (waived if applied to U of R already)
U of R Tuition: approximately $800 (due in February)
Materials: Etextbook $79.00
**Note: Students can apply to their high school to use this class for a special project but not a dual credit
Steps to Apply
- Print off and complete the application form – https://www.uregina.ca/cce/flexible-learning/assets/docs/pdf/admission/hsxl-admit-register.pdf
- Take page 2 of the application to your parents and high school career counsellor or principal to have them sign for approval.
- Obtain a statement of marks including the courses you are registered for in semester 2 from your high school career counsellor or front office.
- Scan the completed application (2 pages) and statement of marks to CCE.StudentServices@uregina.ca
- If you have NOT paid an application fee to the U of R – you can pay $70 by cheque or call in your credit card (see top of application for address and phone number).
For assistance with applying or for more information, contact a Southeast College Student Advisor:
Lorelei Lachambre, Estevan and area: email@example.com 306-637-3852
Abbey Forseth, Weyburn and area: firstname.lastname@example.org 306-848-2302
Wendy Bristow, Moosomin and area: email@example.com 306-853-7205
Eileen Zarowny, Indian Head and area: firstname.lastname@example.org 306-695-2243
View all Courses