Administrative Assistants are the backbone of modern office environments. A valued administrative assistant has good interpersonal and communication skills, is organized and can organize others, pays attention to detail and accuracy, is proficient in many types of business software, has excellent verbal and written skills, can solve problems and is a critical thinker.
Working in an office environment is fast paced and required employees who can multi task, make decisions and take on more challenging projects to assist their managers.
Students are given many opportunities during this program to practice these skills in a warm and friendly learning environment.
This program provides knowledge and skill development release to the business office environment, with an emphasis on computer applications. Instruction is augmented by projects that will give students hands on understanding of the demands and rewards of working in an office setting.
Students will learn to:
- edit and write business letters, memos and email communications
- effectively use leading business software applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentations, desktop publishing and adobe to create business documents
- execute office procedures such as reception, mail processing, email communication, calendaring, telephone communication, operating office equipment, task management and meeting preparation
- generate, maintain and retrieve manual and electronic records
- use automated accounting software and do basic accounting
- grade 12, GED or Accuplacer
- English language requirement
For specific course information, please visit the Saskatchewan Polytechnic website.
Fall 2018 Program Information
September 4, 2018 – May 10, 2019
Tuition: $4130 (based on 2017 tuition rates; subject to change without notice)
Materials: $1600 (based on 2017 materials rates; subject to change without notice)
Applications will be accepted starting February 1st, 2018. Students that apply before June 30, 2018 may be eligible for a Southeast College Entrance Award.
Download and print your complete information package Office Administration
For more detailed information, please call our toll free registration line at 1-866-999-7372 or email email@example.comView all Courses