Online: Office Safety
This program informs and educates participants on the safety issues that exist in the office environment. It looks at common often overlooked hazards and how these hazards can be recognized and controlled to reduce the risks to individuals.
The program provides:
- An understanding that although the typical office doesn’t contain the obvious life-threatening hazards of some work environments, the hazards that do exist in the office can nonetheless cause real damage.
- An awareness of the different kinds of hazards that exist in the office, such as slip, trip and fall hazards, manual handling hazards, fire hazards, and electrical hazards.
- An understanding of the principles behind workstation ergonomics, and how these principles can be used to avoid injuries and protect health.
- Knowledge of the correct steps to be taken to avoid accidents and injuries in the office environment: good housekeeping, correct lifting and carrying, safe use of electricity, fire prevention, and firefighting methods
- A heightened awareness of the issue of workplace safety when applied specifically to the office situation.
It’s easy to consider the office a perfectly safe work environment and forget about the hazards that can exist.