Online: Preventing Slips Trips and Falls
Slips, trips, and falls are a major category of workplace accidents and result in a significant number of injuries.
The three most important factors contributing to the occurrence of slips, trips, and falls are:
- Poor design of the workplace
- Poor workplace practices and procedures
- Inappropriate human behavior
By following some basic safety principles the accidents and injuries that result from slips, trips, and falls can be dramatically reduced.
This programs looks at all the key hazards associated with slips, trips, and falls; including:
- Good housekeeping practices
- Signposting and barricading
- Correct use of equipment and furniture
- Proper maintenance
- Appropriate footwear
- Correct use of step stools and stepladders
The program is suitable for all workplace personnel.