Online: Recognition, Evaluation and Control of Hazards
Hazards are present in all workplaces and can lead to injuries, short and long-term illnesses and diseases, and sometimes even death. Lost productivity, increased costs and, most importantly, human suffering are three good reasons why it is vitally important to control hazards in the workplace.
The objectives of this program are to bring about:
- Greater awareness of the need to recognize workplace hazards
- Improved ability to recognize the hazards that are present in the workplace
- Greater awareness of the ways in which hazards can be properly evaluated to decide the amount of risk present,
- An understanding of the different methods of hazard control that can be implemented: including elimination, substitution, and administrative and engineering controls
- An understanding of the role of PPE
- A general understanding of the recognition, evaluation and control of Hazards process: its requirements and benefits
Through improving the participants’ awareness of exactly what recognition, evaluation and control of hazards means to the individual and the organization, and how it can improve workplace safety.