Power Engineering Fourth Class
Power Engineering technicians help keep power plants running safely and efficiently. A shortage of certified technicians means job opportunities have never been better. You could work in the oil & gas industry, mining, manufacturing, energy, health and other industries. It is a physical job that requires manual dexterity and good vision, as well as problem-solving skills and a knack for working with machinery.
In this one-year Power Engineering Technical certificate program, you will study Fourth Class interprovincial standardized material, which will prepare you to challenge interprovincial Fourth Class examinations.
You will receive practical training in boiler operations, maintenance techniques and tool use. You will develop trouble shooting skill in practical labs, get boiler firing time in the power lab and industry work experience in your second term.
- grade 12 with Foundations of Math 30 or Pre-Calculus 30
- minimum overall average of 65%; classes used to calculate average: English Language Arts A30, English Language Arts B30; highest grade in 20 or 30 level Social Studies, History or Native Studies; highest grade in 20 or 30 level science Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geology or Computer Science; Foundations of Math 30 or Pre- Calculus 30
- previous Saskatchewan math also accepted: Math B30
- English language requirement
*A maximum of two level 20 subjects will be used in the overall average calculation
Course includes one week of safety training, exact safety courses to be determined.
For specific course information, please visit the Saskatchewan Polytechnic website.
Fall 2018 Program Information
September 4, 2018 – May 9, 2019 – Estevan
Materials: $1375 (subject to change without notice)
Applications will be accepted starting February 1st, 2018.
Applications submitted after July 1st
- Application fee of $50 due at time of application
- Tuition deposit of $500 due 10 business days after acceptance into the program OR August 14th (whichever occurs first)
*In order to ensure prompt acceptance into our program, applicants should make every effort to ensure that applicable transcripts have been received by our Registrar’s office within 5-7 business days of program application*
Download and print your complete information package 4th Class Power Engineer
For more detailed course information, please call our toll free registration line at 1-866-999-7372 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgView all Courses