Study Permit Information

International Students in Canada must apply for a Canadian study permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada in order to study at a post-secondary institution in Canada.

Work Permits to Work Off-Campus and Post-Graduation

You and your employer must make sure you can work off campus without a work permit before you start working. If you start working off campus but don’t meet the requirements, you may have to leave Canada.

You can only start working in Canada when your study program has started. You can’t work before you start your studies.

If you’re able to work during your studies, it’ll say so in the conditions on your study permit.

To work in Canada as a student working off-campus

Full-time international students can work off-campus without a work permit:

To qualify, you must:

You must stop working on the day you no longer meet the eligibility requirements listed above (e.g., if you’re no longer a full-time student during an academic session).

Additional Websites for more information regarding study permits and working in Canada as an International Student:

Studying and working in Canada as an international student –

Apply for Study Permit

List of Designated Learning Institutions in Canada