Continuing Care Assistant Certificate Delivered part time – courses vary based on location
Demand for health-care workers is high, and that includes demand for continuing care assistants. If you enjoy caring for others, and if you want to get into the workforce quickly, Southeast College’s Continuing Care Assistant program might be just what you’re looking for.
As a continuing care assistant, you’ll work directly with clients in long-term care, home care, assisted living, some areas in acute care, and even special needs classrooms. You’ll help them with mobility, personal care, assisting them to eat their meals, and medication monitoring. It’s a face-to-face, people-focused job.
The program combines hands-on classroom learning with practical clinical experience. You’ll build knowledge and skills in:
- addressing individual psychosocial needs;
- administering personal care;
- dementia management strategies;
- gerontology (a major area of study);
- long-term care philosophy in different settings;
- promoting independence in a safe environment;
- working with individuals with different physical and cognitive impairments; and/or
- working with people of different cultures.
Your clinical work experiences will give you a taste of different work settings. Under the supervision of a buddy or staff member, you’ll work directly with clients in home care, long-term care and acute care settings. It’s a great way to build your skills and your confidence.
- Grade 12 or successful completion of fifteen (15) post-secondary credits from a recognized institution
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Foreign Credentials may be accepted (will be determined after assessment
- In order to graduate and receive a credential for this program, part-time students must apply and be admitted before taking SPCR 108 (Special Procedures), CLIN 100 (Clinical 1, Special Care), and CLIN 219 (Clinical 2, Special Care)
- Students must be registered and accepted into the program. Completion of the Southeast College application for part time programming is required. If you require addition assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll free at 1-866-999-7372