Southeast College is committed to supporting international students throughout their educational journey in Saskatchewan. Please see below important and relevant information for international students.

Please note that the information provided below is not legal advice and is intended for general information purposes only. For the most up-to-date information, please visit the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website.

For more information or to register for any of our program or courses, email:

International students coming to study at Southeast College must comply with Canadian immigration regulations. A valid Study Permit is required for most international students, except for foreign nationals exempt under other IRCC policies and measures.

Southeast College requires all incoming international students to submit proof of a valid Study Permit on or before the first day of a full-time program.

To apply for a Study Permit from outside Canada, the applicant will need to:

  1. Be fully accepted into an eligible program at Southeast College and receive a Letter of Acceptance.
  2. Review Guide 5269 from the IRCC’s website.
    Guide 5269 – Applying for a Study Permit outside Canada –
  3. Prepare all required documents.
    Study permit: Get the right documents –
  4. Create an account and apply directly on the IRCC’s website.
    Sign in to your IRCC secure account –

Some programs at Southeast College have a mandatory practicum or work component. In addition to the Study Permit, international students must have a valid Co-op Work Permit before starting the work component of their program.

International students may apply for Co-op Work Permit at the same time they submit a Study Permit application. Please read the Letter of Acceptance carefully as it will indicate whether the program requires a Co-op Work Permit or not.

For eligibility and more information on the Co-op Work Permit, please visit the IRCC’s website. 

International students in Canada must maintain a valid status in Canada at all times. This means that international students must comply with the conditions written on the Study Permit and apply to extend their expiring Study Permit, if applicable.

To maintain legal status in Canada, international students must enroll in a full-time program and actively pursue their studies.

International students who submit an application to IRCC for a new Study Permit before the current document expires is considered being in a legal “implied status” and may continue their studies at Southeast College as per usual until a final decision is made by the IRCC.

If there is a change of status, please report the change to Southeast College as soon as possible.

A post-graduation work permit, or PGWP, is an open work permit that allows international students to remain in Canada and work temporarily after graduation.

Southeast College is a public Designated Learning Institution in the province of Saskatchewan. Graduates from any Southeast College program open for international students are eligible to apply for a PGWP. However, international students must comply with the conditions of their Study Permit and meet other requirements of the PGWP program to apply. For more information about the PGWP program, please visit the IRCC’s website.

Please note, the decision to grant a PGWP and its duration is at the IRCC’s discretion. Southeast College is unable to assist international students with their PGWP applications.