At Southeast College we strive to ensure each of our students are comfortable and equipped with everything needed for a successful academic experience.
Whether you’re just starting out and unsure of what you want to study, or getting ready to graduate and looking for your first job, our helpful staff is here to guide and encourage you along the way in order to help you reach your goals.
Our Academic Advising services include:
- Assistance with career and educational decisions
- Assistance with course and program selection
- Program application and registration process support
- Information and assistance with financial support options (student loans, provincial training allowances, scholarships and bursaries, etc.)
- Administering and interpreting various career and aptitude assessments (CAAT, Accuplacer, Choices, etc.)
- Learner success supports (identifying preferred learning style, help with study skills, finding an appropriate tutor, etc.)
- Pre-assessment of learning disabilities
- Referrals to appropriate agencies and/or academic resources
In addition to general academic advising, we also offer valuable one-on-one career advising services, helping our students become grads with jobs. Career services include:
- Choosing and evaluating your career direction
- Assistance with writing resumes
- Interview preparation and tips for success
- Job search assistance
Our career services department also offers a wide variety of valuable in-house training workshops, including:
- Job search techniques
- Customizing resumes
- Writing strong cover letters
- Valuable interview skills
- Employability skills and ethics
- Cultural diversity training
Upcoming Career Events
Career Connections Events
Throughout the year, Southeast College provides a listing of upcoming Career Connections Events.
Check back often for the latest postings.
Student Services Advisors
For more information, please contact a Student Services Advisor near you:
Indian Head/Piapot Valley/Piapot Urban/Assiniboia/Weyburn/Estevan/Ocean Man
Phone: (306) 695-2243 or (306) 660-7525
Phone: (306) 435-4630 or (306) 435-7275