Continuing Care Assistant
The Continuing Care Assistant Program provides the knowledge and skills you need to move into this rewarding field. It is a 32-week certificate program that combines hands-on classroom learning with practical clinical experience. Practicums provide direct experience in home care, long-term care, special care and acute care settings.
You will build knowledge and skills related to:
- application of longer-term care philosophy in different settings
- addressing individual psychosocial needs
- dementia management strategies
- gerontology (a major area of study)
- administering personal care
- promoting independence in a safe environment
- working with individuals with different physical and cognitive impairments
- working with people of different cultures
- grade 12, GED or Accuplacer Testing
- English language requirement
- Standard First Aid/CPR C/AED or equivalent
Note: Students must have personal and physical suitability to perform activities in the practicum settings; applicants must provide a criminal record check and vulnerable sector search.
For specific course information, please visit the Saskatchewan Polytechnic website.
Fall 2018 Program Information
Locations: Whitewood; Weyburn
September 4, 2018 – May 3, 2019 – Weyburn **This program location is FULL with a wait list. Please contact our Registrar at 306-848-2505 for wait list details prior to submitting your application)**
October 1, 2018 – May 31, 2019 – Whitewood
Materials: $1200 (subject to change without notice)
Applications submitted after July 1st, will be subject to a $500 tuition deposit upon application. Southeast College will refund the $500 tuition deposit only if:
– the program is cancelled
– the student is not accepted into the program
– the student withdraws from the program 30 days prior to the start date. NOTE – the student MUST provide the College Registrar with WRITTEN NOTICE of withdrawal from the program, or a refund will not be granted. Upon receiving written notice and processing of official withdrawal, an administrative fee of $250 will be withheld from the total amount of the eligible refund.
Download and print your complete application package Continuing Care Assistant
For more detailed information, please call our toll free registration line at 1-866-999-7372 or email email@example.com
View all Courses