Continuing Care Assistant
The Continuing Care Assistant Program provides the knowledge and skills you need to move into this rewarding field. It is a 32-week certificate program that combines hands-on classroom learning with practical clinical experience. Practicums provide direct experience in home care, long-term care, special care and acute care settings.
You will build knowledge and skills related to:
- application of longer-term care philosophy in different settings
- addressing individual psychosocial needs
- dementia management strategies
- gerontology (a major area of study)
- administering personal care
- promoting independence in a safe environment
- working with individuals with different physical and cognitive impairments
- working with people of different cultures
- grade 12, GED or Accuplacer Testing
- English language requirement
- Standard First Aid/CPR C/AED or equivalent
Note: Students must have personal and physical suitability to perform activities in the practicum settings; applicants must provide a criminal record check and vulnerable sector search.
For specific course information, please visit the Saskatchewan Polytechnic website.
Fall 2018 Program Information
Locations: Whitewood; Weyburn
September 4, 2018 – May 3, 2019 – Weyburn
October 1, 2018 – May 31, 2019 – Whitewood
Tuition: $4130 (based on 2017 tuition rates; subject to change without notice)
Materials: $1180 (based on 2017 materials rates; subject to change without notice)
Applications will be accepted starting February 1st, 2018. Students that apply before June 30, 2018 may be eligible for a Southeast College Entrance Award.
Download and print your complete application package Continuing Care Assistant
For more detailed information, please call our toll free registration line at 1-866-999-7372 or email email@example.com
View all Courses