Continuing Care Assistant
The Continuing Care Assistant Program provides the knowledge and skills you need to move into this rewarding field. It is a 32-week certificate program that combines hands-on classroom learning with practical clinical experience. Practicums provide direct experience in home care, long-term care, special care and acute care settings.
You will build knowledge and skills related to:
- application of longer-term care philosophy in different settings
- addressing individual psychosocial needs
- dementia management strategies
- gerontology (a major area of study)
- administering personal care
- promoting independence in a safe environment
- working with individuals with different physical and cognitive impairments
- working with people of different cultures
- Grade 12 or successful completion of fifteen (15) post-secondary credits from a recognized institution
- English Language Requirement
- Standard First Aid/CPR C/AED is required prior to the start of the program and must be current to the year of the program
- Applicants should have personal and physical suitability.
- Accepted applicants will be required to provide evidence of a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search prior to entering the clinical component of the program. At the discretion of the clinical agency, you may be declined access to a clinical placement based on the contents of the Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search. The cost of the Criminal Record Check and the Vulnerable Sector Search is your responsibility.
- Accepted applicants are required to provide current immunization records.
- Accepted applicants are required to provide evidence of current N95 respirator mask testing prior to entry into the clinical practicum. The cost of N95 respirator mask testing is your responsibility.
- Effective July 1, 2019: Accepted applicants are required to provide evidence of 2015 WHMIS Globally Harmonized System (GHS) certification upon admission into the program. Recertification will be required every three years to remain current. The cost of WHMIS certification is your responsibility
Special Admission: Applicants who do not possess the academic qualifications for a program maybe be admitted if evidence of probable success can be established through a special admission assessment. Interested individuals should still apply. A Southeast College Student Advisor or the Registrar will contact students that fall within this category.
For additional information, please visit the Saskatchewan Polytechnic website.
Fall 2020 Program Intake Information
Locations: Whitewood; Weyburn; WhiteBear First Nation
Program Dates: Whitewood September 28, 2020 – May 28, 2021; Weyburn TBD; Whitebear First Nation TBD
Tuition: $4465 (Tuition based on 2019 rates, subject to change without notice)
Materials: $1200 (Materials based on 2019 rates, subject to change without notice)
Applications submitted after July 1st
- Application fee of $50 due at time of application
- Tuition deposit of $500 due 10 business days after acceptance into the program OR August 14th (whichever occurs first)
*In order to ensure prompt acceptance into our program, applicants should make every effort to ensure that applicable transcripts have been received by our Registrar’s office within 5-7 business days of program application*
Download and print your complete application package Continuing Care Assistant
For more detailed information, please call our toll free registration line at 1-866-999-7372 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
View all Courses