Entrepreneurship for Trades
Southeast College Entrepreneurship for Trades Microcredential
Just in time to start your new business! Entrepreneurship for Trades is a useful program for those who want to start their own business as well as those who want to make a name for themselves as self-starters and entrepreneurs in their own profession.
Through this program, new entrepreneurs will develop the skills they need to turn their ideas, products, and services into tomorrow’s success stories with a comprehensive just-in-time business education.
Future trade entrepreneurs will benefit from this just-in-time and flexible online program:
- This 80-hour program of four 20-hour courses is delivered online with 3 live sessions per course and can be completed in only two semesters.
Time: Online classes with three live sessions.
The work of today’s trade entrepreneurs goes beyond starting a business. Every career requires entrepreneurship, and the trades sector is no exception. To advance in a trades career, it is essential to learn how to think and act like an entrepreneur. Developing entrepreneurial thinking and behaviour and sustainable innovation business practices are the key to future career success. It is imperative for employers to hire self-starters who can identify, plan, and execute new opportunities. Your own business or career can benefit from the same skills that power high-growth ventures. You will learn the foundations of entrepreneurship, as well as the incorporation of innovation and adoption of sustainable practices, will help you build a successful enterprise.
During this course, you’ll learn how to apply the knowledge you gain to running your own business.
- Create a sustainable business plan for establishing or growing your
- Prepare a 4-page marketing plan.
- Understand the law, regulations, guidelines, and ethical standards in
- Adapt products, concepts, goods, and services to meet the changing needs of the
- Utilize financial tools when planning a startup’s
- Improve business processes using concepts related to innovation, sustainability, business operations, inventory, manpower, and supply chain.
- Utilize sustainable business practices that promote social responsibility, economic commitment, innovation, sustainability, and environmental stewardship in the local and global
- Develop an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Prepare and present a convincing pitch and a business plan.
Marketing Skills for Trades
Dates: September 25 to October 27, 2023
Operations & Management Skills for Trades
Dates: November 6 to December 8, 2023
Finance Skills for Trades
Dates: January 22 to February 23, 2024
Capstone: Business Plan for Trades
Dates: March 11 to April 12, 2024
Questions? Please call us at 1-866-999-7372