Essential Skills for the Workplace (ESWP)
Build your confidence to take the next step in your career or education journey by participating in Southeast College’s Essential Skills for the Workplace program.
This program will focus on three key areas:
- Employment Readiness and Workplace Skills – This will include career exploration, resume and cover letter preparation, job search and interview skills, industry courses and certifications, workplace expectations and work placement opportunities.
- Literacy Enhancement and Academic Preparation – Refresh and develop literacy skills in communication, math and computers related to the workforce and further training.
- Personal Life Management – Gain personal insights to enhance self-understanding; identify and address potential factors that impact successful entry and retention in the workforce and school.
New for Spring 2023 – Skills for Success!
February 27, 2023 – June 30, 2023
Students have their choice of three different career training paths through our Skills for Success Essential Skills program.
- Heavy Equipment Operator – Students will be enrolled in Southeast College’s 12 – week program starting July 2023
- Continuing Care Assistant – Students will be enrolled in two part-time CCA modules at Southeast College Estevan Campus
- Adult Basic Education – Students will have the choice to enroll in two of three ABE classes at Southeast College Estevan Campus
Eligible students accepted into the Skills for Success ESWP program will be fully funded through the program. Please contact a Student Advisor for more information at 306-634-4795
Classes will run Monday through Friday from 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Space is limited. Please apply as soon as possible to ensure a seat.
Do you need more information about the application process?
All students interested in attending ESWP classes at Southeast College are encouraged to submit application form. The online application form can be found here ESWP Application 2022-2023 Paper Applications are also available at your local Southeast College campus locations. By submitting an application form early, Southeast College staff can determine the best time and method to contact you for further information about your educational goals.
Prospective students will be invited to complete an intake interview with a Southeast College Student Advisor prior to placement into the program. Intake interviews assist the Student Advisor with determining academic placement, student and financial supports and program suitability. Students will be contacted by an advisor to schedule an appointment once your application has been received and reviewed.
Information about 2022-2023:
Southeast College will be delivering Essential Skills for the Workplace programs in a blended delivery format (a complimentary mix of both virtual and in class instruction). Students will need to have access to a computer and internet. Please contact us at 1-866-999-7372 for more information.
Space in classes may be limited, please submit your application early!View all Courses