Fall Rescue for Rig Workers (Energy Safety Canada)
Rig Rescue was developed in conjunction with the Canadian Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors (CAODC), and is intended for workers, supervisors, managers, and safety personnel.
Topics covered include:
- Rescue team role
- Rescue equipment
- Ropes and knots
- Mechanical advantage
- Management of escape buggy
- Rescue scenarios
Prerequisite Class: Fall Protection for Rig Work
Students must be on time and present for all course content instructions. Anyone who misses any course content cannot be certified and registration fees will not be reimbursed.
- Approved hard hat with chin strap
- CSA Approved safety glasses
- CSA Approved safety toe footwear
- Seasonal leather/cold weather gloves
- Full length pants (no shorts)
Upon successful completion, minimum 70%, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that does not expire.
Multiple dates/locations available: