H2S Alive (Energy Safety Canada)
Students will learn how to work safely in and around hydrogen sulphide (H2S) environments and receive a 3 year certificate in a one day class.
All workers in the petroleum industry who could be exposed to hydrogen sulphide H2S.
- H2S properties, Health Hazards and Locations – Including worker exposure limits
- Hazard Assessment and Control – Including H2S case studies
- Respiratory Protective Equipment – Including Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus
- Detection of H2S – Gas detection demonstrations with various detection devices
- Initial Response Strategy – 7 steps; including 4 rescue techniques and case studies