International Students – Continuing Care Assistant Program
The Continuing Care Assistant Program provides the knowledge and skills you need to move into this rewarding field. It is a 32-week certificate program that combines hands-on classroom learning with practical clinical experience. Practicums provide direct experience in home care, long-term care, special care and acute care settings.
You will build knowledge and skills related to:
- application of longer-term care philosophy in different settings
- addressing individual psychosocial needs
- dementia management strategies
- gerontology (a major area of study)
- administering personal care
- promoting independence in a safe environment
- working with individuals with different physical and cognitive impairments
- working with people of different cultures
- Grade 12 or successful completion of fifteen (15) post-secondary credits from a recognized institution
- English Language Requirement
- Applicants should have personal and physical suitability.
- Accepted applicants will be required to provide evidence of a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search prior to entering the clinical component of the program. At the discretion of the clinical agency, you may be declined access to a clinical placement based on the contents of the Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search. The cost of the Criminal Record Check and the Vulnerable Sector Search is your responsibility.
- Accepted applicants are required to provide current immunization records.
- Accepted applicants are required to provide evidence of current N95 respirator mask testing prior to entry into the clinical practicum. The cost of N95 respirator mask testing is your responsibility.
- Accepted applicants are required to provide evidence of 2015 WHMIS Globally Harmonized System (GHS) certification upon admission into the program. Recertification will be required every three years to remain current. The cost of WHMIS certification is your responsibility
Information to apply as an International Student for Fall 2022:
Location: Estevan, Saskatchewan
Dates: September 6, 2022 – April 28, 2023
Click HERE for detailed step by step instructions on how to apply for this program.
View all Courses