Starting in 2020, Southeast College will become the training provider for the Powerline Technician Apprenticeship program (Levels one through four).
About Powerline Technician:
Individuals working in this trade construct and maintain overhead and underground power lines and related equipment.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical distribution and transmission systems.
- Erect and maintain steel, wood or concrete poles, towers, and guy wires.
- Splice, solder, and insulate conductors and related wiring to connect power distribution and transmission networks using related electrical tools.
- Inspect and test overhead and underground power lines and cables and associated equipment.
- Climb ladders or operate hydraulic buckets when working aloft on poles and towers, or work in confined spaces such as trenches and tunnels to install power lines and cables and associated equipment.
For more information on this apprenticeship program, please call toll free 1-877-363-0536 or visit Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission.
View all Courses