Primary Care Paramedic
Being a Primary Care Paramedic(PCP) is all about teamwork. There’s a sense of camaraderie you won’t find in many other jobs. But it takes a special kind of person. You have to want to help people, because you will be dealing with all ages in all kinds of crises. You have to work well under pressure, because you will be delivering pre-hospital emergency care in people home’s, in the middle of busy streets and/or at industrial sites.
This program emphasizes hands on training in pre-hospital emergency care with both hospital and ambulance practicums.
- Grade 12 with a minimum overall average of 60% in the following four courses: English Language Arts A30, English Language Arts B30, one of Biology 30 or Chemistry 30, and one of Workplace and Apprenticeship Math 30 OR Foundations of Math 30 OR Pre-Calculus 30(Previous Saskatchewan mathematics Math A30 will also be accepted) Or Accuplacer Testing
- English Language Requirement
- Standard First Aid/CPR C/AED is required prior to the start of the program and must be current to the year of the program
- Valid Drivers Licence
- Accepted applicants will be required to provide evidence of a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search upon admission to the program. At the discretion of the practicum/clinical agency, you may be declined access to a clinical/practicum based on the contents of the Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search. The cost of the Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search is your responsibility.
- You must exhibit physical strength and fitness consistent with the requirements of professional practice. This will be evaluated within the program.
- Accepted applicants are required to provide evidence of Transferring Lifting Repositioning (TLR®) certification upon admission into the program. The cost of TLR® certification is your responsibility.
- Accepted applicants are required to provide current immunization records and meet Southeast College immunization requirements prior to entry into the clinical/practicum
- Accepted applicants are required to provide evidence of current N95 respirator mask testing prior to entry into the clinical practicum. The cost of N95 respirator mask testing is your responsibility.
- Effective July 1, 2019: Accepted applicants are required to provide evidence of 2015 WHMIS Globally Harmonized System (GHS) certification upon admission into the program. Recertification will be required every three years to remain current. The cost of WHMIS certification is your responsibility
Special Admission: Applicants who do not possess the academic qualifications for a program maybe be admitted if evidence of probable success can be established through a special admission assessment. Interested individuals should still apply. A Southeast College Student Advisor or the Registrar will contact students that fall within this category.
For specific course information, please visit the Saskatchewan Polytechnic website.
Fall 2019 Program Intake Information
Program Dates: September 6, 2019 – November 1, 2021 with approximately 16 weeks of practicum to follow
Tentative Program Schedule – Friday 3-10; Saturday 8 hours; Sunday 8 hours (Every second weekend)
Materials: $3640 (subject to change without notice)
Applications submitted after July 1st
- Application fee of $50 due at time of application
- Tuition deposit of $500 due 10 business days after acceptance into the program OR August 14th (whichever occurs first)
*In order to ensure prompt acceptance into our program, applicants should make every effort to ensure that applicable transcripts have been received by our Registrar’s office within 5-7 business days of program application*
Download and print your complete application package Primary Care Paramedic Certificate
For more detailed information, please call our toll free registration line at 1-866-999-7372 or email email@example.comView all Courses