Recruitment for President and CEOFebruary 5, 2022
The Board of Governors of Southeast College is inviting applications for the position of President and Chief Executive Officer
Southeast College serves a region that encompasses over 70 communities spread throughout 20,000 square kilometers in southeast Saskatchewan. The College operates campuses in six communities, including Assiniboia, Estevan, Indian Head, Moosomin, Weyburn, and Whitewood. Through partnerships with post-secondary institutions, they deliver a wide variety of career, vocational, and academic programming to meet the educational, economic, and labor force demands of southeastern Saskatchewan. Additionally, the College serves business and industry stakeholders by offering numerous business, safety, and industrial programs and courses at their six campus locations.
The Board of Governors is seeking a dynamic individual to lead the organization in fulfilling the College’s vision and mission.
Embodying the values of the College – innovation, authenticity, and responsibility – the successful candidate will:
- report directly to the Board of Governors, providing dynamic academic, executive, and operational leadership for the College;
- demonstrate an open, approachable, and respectful leadership style with superior communication skills that contribute to collaborative relationship development with the board of directors, staff, students, and community.
- lead the Board and College staff in achieving the strategic priorities that the Board has established;
- have sound knowledge of and commitment to K to 12 and/or post-secondary education, balanced with administration/financial expertise;
- have an extensive working knowledge of collaborative ventures and experience in business/industry relations;
- function in an environment subject to uncertainty, pressures beyond the control of the CEO;
- interface with multiple stakeholders, including government, First Nations authorities, post-secondary institutions, and private industry;
Assets for this position include:
- prior demonstrated success at the executive level of a public post-secondary institution;
- successful experience working with and/or in:
- multiple levels of government (federal, First Nations/Metis, provincial, municipal);
- innovative academic program expansion and development;
- generating alternative revenue sources;
- international education;
- program brokerage models and processes.
The Board of Governors is inviting applications from candidates who:
- possess a post-secondary degree, or the equivalent in education, training, and experience;
- have a minimum of five years’ of demonstrated exemplary leadership, including financial and/or human resource management, in a large or complex, growing educational organization;
- have experience working with governance boards and multiple stakeholders.
The competition will close at 12:00 p.m. on March 4, 2022. Duties will commence by mutual agreement with the candidate/Board of Governors.
To inquire about the competition or to request the detailed position profile and application submission requirements, please contact Gwen Dueck, Executive Search Lead, at the Saskatchewan Educational Leadership Unit by email: email@example.com