Introductory Qualified Persons Training
“Building a network of professionals to support Saskatchewan agricultural producers in building a resilient agricultural industry by designing projects that both meet the requirements of approval and are adaptive to the impacts of a changing climate”.
This course introduces participants to the purpose and application of the Water Security Agency’s Agricultural Water Management Strategy, including the roles and responsibilities of WSA, the producer, and the Qualified Person (QP). Participants will learn about the drainage approval process, the preparation of plans, how to use WSA’s ADAM (Agricultural Drainage Application Mapping) software to map wetlands and drainage works, how to fill in the drainage application, and a bit about climate change and how drainage works need to be designed to be resilient to climate change.
To register for the Introductory Qualified Persons Training course please click the course date link below or call us toll free at 1-866-999-7372.
Introductory Qualified Persons Training course
- This course is a combination of online instructor led workshops and self-guided online workbooks and videos
- 19 hours of online virtual instructor led workshops scheduled during six half-day sessions over the course of three weeks in a one-week intensive course.
- 12 hours of online homework that students are expected to complete
- Maximum 15 participants per class
- Tuition: Free
- January 9, 11, 16, 18, 23 and 25, 2023 – Tuesday and Thursday afternoons
- January 30, February 1, 6, 8, 13, and 15, 2023 – Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- February 26, 27, 28, 29, March 1 – Monday to Friday full days (with Friday afternoon off!)
- March 5, 7, 12, 14, 19, 21, 2023 – Tuesday and Thursday mornings
- April 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 2023 – Monday to Friday full days (with Friday afternoon off!)
- April 16, 18, 23, 25, 30, May 2, 2023 – Tuesday and Thursday mornings
Module 1 – 2.5 hours
Module 2 – 3.5 hours
Module 3 – 3 hours
Module 4 – 4 hours
Module 5 – 4 hours
Module 6 – 2 hours
Total online virtual course time – 19 hours.
Note: Workshop registrations are capped at 15 participants. If you are interested in a workshop that is full, please call us at 1-866-999-7372 to be placed on our cancelation list.
To register for this course, please click on the applicable course date you wish to register for. Once you have selected the course, please go to the “Overview” box found on the right side of the page and click the green “Register” box.
Supplemental Qualified Persons Courses
- Point of Adequate Outlet Course
- Flow Controls Course (in-development)
Multiple dates/locations available: