Southeast College’s Fueling the Future initiative continues to build meaningful industry partnerships and raise valuable scholarship funds for students. As a commitment to growing Saskatchewan and Saskatchewan employees, Southeast College invites employers to engage in this innovative opportunity that resonates energy, action, and opportunity for all stakeholders.
How the Fueling the Future Partnership Works
Fueling the Future is a very flexible program for industry partners who wish to support post-secondary students. The goal is simple and twofold:
1. Provide financial support for post-secondary students
Our Fueling the Future partners are required to support our students with a scholarship contribution. These funds are automatically converted into Fueling the Future Scholarships and matched by the Ministry of Advanced Education through the Saskatchewan Innovation & Opportunity Scholarship program. Our Fueling the Future partners are involved in the process of creating the scholarship criteria as well as presenting their scholarship at our annual spring Industry-Education Luncheons.
2. Align our partners with students and training programs that meet their operational needs
Partnerships opportunities are available with the following 2019-20 Southeast College post-secondary programs:
- Electrician (Moosomin)
- Heavy Equipment and Truck and Transport Technician (Estevan)
- Industrial Mechanic – Millwright (Estevan)
- Welding (Estevan)
Fueling the Future partners are provided with an opportunity to engage our students directly and describe the current state of their industry, how their specific organization operates, or offer advice on career advancement. Some partners take advantage of this opportunity to enjoy a captive audience for employee recruitment. Typical partnership events include anything from an in-class presentation to a facility tour to a pizza lunch. Some partners take advantage of this opportunity to enjoy a captive audience for employee recruitment.
Recognizing our partners is very important to Southeast College. The Fueling the Future program offers a variety of recognition opportunities, depending on the financial investment. At a minimum, we recognize our Fueling the Future partners by:
- A media release announcing the partnership
- Student announcement and classroom signage with corporate logo
- 2 tickets to Southeast Colleges’ annual spring Industry-Education Luncheon, where Fueling the Future partners present their scholarships to student recipients
- Recognition in Southeast College’s Industry-Education Wall Calendar, of which 600 copies are printed and distributed annually to industry clients across southeast Saskatchewan
Current Fueling the Future Partners
To become a Fueling the Future partner, please contact:
Manager, College Advancement