Entrepreneurship Microcredential – Finance Skills
The Entrepreneurship Microcredential is a useful program for tradespeople and new entrepreneurs who want to start their own business as well as those who want to make a name for themselves as self-starters and entrepreneurs in their profession. Through this program, new entrepreneurs and tradespeople will develop the skills they need to turn their ideas, products, and services into tomorrow’s success stories with a comprehensive just-in-time business education.
Dates: January 22 to February 23, 2024
Delivery Method: Online classes with three live sessions. Live Online Sessions by instructor from 6pm-8:30pm (Jan 24, Feb 7, Feb 21).
- Understand the basics of Finance for small businesses and startups.
- Basic financial knowledge needed in starting and operating startups to entrepreneurs or would-be entrepreneurs who do not have experience in finance
- Read and understand financial statements such as balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements
- Practice simple financial planning of a startup and understand the concept company valuation
- Sustainable business practices for finance
- Discover how startups get funding